Chronicles of Smith County, Texas, Volume 10 Issue 2

$15.00

Chronicles of Smith County, Texas, Volume 10, No.2, Fall 1971.

In Stock

Description

Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.

All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!

Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.

Table of Contents

  • Smith County & Its Neighbors During the Slave Insurrection Panic of 1860 by Dr. Donald E. Reynolds, pages 1-8
  • Lindale’s Limerick Hotel by Leila Jones, pages 9-13
  • Address of H.B. Marsh at Stockholder’s Banquet, Citizens National Bank, May 19, 1939 at Blackstock Hotel, page 14-16
  • “Year Number Ten,” recap of the first decade of Chronicles of Smith County, Texas, pages 17-20, 29-31
  • A Historical Sketch of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, in Tyler, Texas by Mary Jane McNamara, pages 21-28
  • Information about “Some Biographies of Old Settlers, Historical, Personal and Reminiscent” by Sid S. Johnson (1965) and “Douglas’s Texas Battery, CSA” by Miss Lucia Rutherford Douglas, (1966), page 31
  • “America’s Largest Business Training University” [Tyler Commercial College] by Morris S. Burton, pages 33-39
  • Masonic Lodges in Smith County before 1860“, pages 40-44
  • “Gallery from the Archives”, two old photos of Summer Hill Select School and the Old Courthouse, page 45
  • A Victorian Home, the Erasmus M. Hanna House by William Bradford Bugg, pages 46-49
  • “Tyler’s Sixth Court House,” photo by Robert M. Hayes, covers

Check out our Chronicles Index – a compilation of four published books of indexes and seven unpublished volumes of indexes

Additional information

Compiled by

Smith County Historical Society

Published

1971

Pages

52

You may also like…