Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- “A Letter from Elbridge,” drawing by Gaylon Dingler – front cover
- Tomatoes Among the Oil Derricks by D. L. Hicks, page 1-7
- The Littlejohn Letters/ Editor’s Note, page 8
- The Civil War Letters of Elbridge Littlejohn edited by Vicki Betts, based on information supplied by Mildred Littlejohn, Sarah L. Hanes, Jon Harrison and John W. Wilkins (Part 1), page 9-60
- Pictures from our Past, captions by Morris S. Burton, page 62-63
- The Cotton Belt Railroad Strike of 1922 by Benton R. White, page 64-69
- A Picture from our Past, caption by Morris S. Burton, back cover
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.