Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
One original copy of this volume has been donated, first come first serve!!!
Table of Contents
- Prologue (20th annual reunion of Signal Corps School Detachment), page 2
- World War II Comes To Tyler by Philip L. Dibert, pages 3-10
- Epilogue, page 11-12
- Smith County Householders, County, 1850, Page 13-20
- Historical Miscellanea – Physicians in Smith County 1864, page 21
- Historical Miscellanea – Recent Publications of interest to East Texas, page 22
- News Note, page 23-24
- Reproduction of Signal Corps School Newspaper (front page) October 31 1942 “Company ‘F’ Bids Tyler Adios”, page bc
More Original Copies Are NOT available (this is the only one)
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.