Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- History of the Tyler Post Office, Federal Building 1847-1934, by Will A. Woldert Sr.
- East Alabama Gone West (Alabamians in East Texas) by Alexander Nunn
- “The Hero of San Jacinto is Communing with the People” (Sam Houston Speaks in Tyler) by Bob Peters
- Photograph-“Blackfork School Closing Exercises, 1907”
- Colonel John Dewberry; His Life and Myrtle-Vale by Sharon Lee Stine
- Painting of Dewberry House by E.M. “Buck” Schiwetz
- The Old Stockade (Camp Ford) by Thomas Ludwell Bryan
- “But the Corn Stands Rather Well,” two Civil War letters of Franz Coller, 6th Texas Infantry C.S.A. edited by Gilbert M. Cuthbertson
- The Saloons of Tyler, Texas 1847-1901 by Robert Fleet
- “An Ancestor of Trinity University (Larissa College)” from Frontier Times
- Photograph-first airmail flight from Tyler, 1934
Original Copies Are NOT available – Reproductions will be sent to fulfill any orders of this issue.