Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
copy of this volume has been donated, first come first served!!!
Table of Contents
- George Spivey Store Building, Noonday, Texas by Mrs. C. D. Lisman, page front cover
- Reconstructed Plat of Old Jamestown, page inside front cover
- Jamestown, Smith County Ghost Town by James Wilkins, page 1-10
- a Smith County Confederate writes home: Letters of Z. H. Crow, edited by F. Lee Lawrence and Robert Glover, page 11-14
- Historical Atlas of Smith County (8 page supplement), page 14a-14h
- Bibliography of Tyler and Smith County by F. Lee Lawrence, page 15-19
- Smith County Post Offices established before 1860, page 19
- Texas Fruit Palace, 1896 compiled by Morris S. Burton, page 20-23
- Doughboys of Company C by and Mrs. C. E. Parker, page 24-28
- “Spivey’s Store,” historical sketch by Elsie Wills, page inside back cover
- June 14, 1919 at North side of Square 500 enlisted men and 25 officers were welcomed home with a open air banquet photos from Pat McKenna, page back cover
Check out our Chronicles Index – a compilation of four published books of indexes and seven unpublished volumes of indexes