Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
used and original copies of this volume have been donated, sold as is–first come first served!!!
Table of Contents:
- Front Cover: William J. Goodman
- The Goodman Family by Howard Pollan, pages 1-15
- all in the point of view [2 letters by O. M. Roberts and J. J. Offutt], pages 16-19
- Emir Hamvasy, Tyler’s Spiritual Debt to a Hungarian Refugee by Robert M. Hayes, pages 20-24
- Indian Trails & Tales of the Smith County Area by Elsie Wills, pages 25-29
- Map of Indian Trails across Smith County, page 28
- The Cherokee War 1839 by Morris S. Burton, pages 30-41
- Map of Smith County showing events in 1839 War by Morris S. Burton, page bc
used and new Original Copies Are available –
Check out our Chronicles Index – a compilation of four published books of indexes and seven unpublished volumes of indexes