Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
SPECIAL BICENTENNIAL ISSUE ON SMITH COUNTY & TYLER IN 1876
- Forty-Eight Years in Texas; Dick Hubbard of Tyler
- Richard Bennett Hubbard, Centennial Orater, by J.S. Duncan
- Facsimile of “A Day To Remember”
- Marriages of 1876 compiled by Dora Derr Wilkins
- “Sunday Best”—Halverson/Roberts photo of 1870’s
- The Cherokee Baptist Association Meets at Tyler, Oct. ‘76
- The Minutes of the Commissioners Court 1876 abstracted by Mary K. Haynes
- Smith County fugitives from Justice 1876
- Methodist Preachers 1876
- 1876: Month by Month
- Tyler’s First Fair by Loy J. Gilbert
- Facsimile of The Tyler Democrat and Reporter, Oct. 7, 1876
- Number 7 of 11; the 1876 Courthouse by Morris S. Burton
- A. Holt, A Man & His World by James Wilkins