Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents:
- Front Cover, The Auditorium Building of the First Baptist Church, Tyler.
- The First Baptist Church of Tyler by Alice Gilbert, page 1-12.
- James Harrison Stribling by Alice Gilbert, page 13-16.
- Tyler Junior College Apache Belles and Apache Band by Mary Jane McNamara, page 17-27.
- Metz, the Sister City: Local History Abroad by Frank H. Smyrl, page 28, 36-44.
- The Metz Exchange: The Smyrls Abroad by Carolyn M. Smyrl, page 29-35.
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.