Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- Cover drawing by Dana Adams, Jr.
- The Tyler Audubon Society by Novella G. Martin. Wildlife drawings by Gayle Bonsall
- 100 Years of Smith County Aggies by Andy Leath
- Who Is Dana Layton? by Bill Ashley
- Hampson Gary by Linda Brown Cross
- The Biography of Reverend Robert Hill, D.D. by Elizabeth Hill Haynes
- Mortality Schedule 1860
- The Bench & Bar of Tyler, 1847-1900 by Alex Beall
- “Sing It Out”-Mick Ferrell and His Smith County Singing Schools by Brainard Sherwin Ferrell
- Judge Stephen Reaves by Fones Oden Hudnall
- “Hubbard Comes Home to Texas,” Letters of Richard Hubbard in Japan to Stephen Reaves. Introduction by J.S. Duncan
- “Marchman’s/Lindale,” photograph of Riley Marchman’s store in Lindale ca 1905