Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- “Judge T. B. Butler,” cartoon by Sam Nash – front cover
- Thomas Booker Butler: A Many Sided Man by Everett Taylor, page 1-5
- Rosedale Academy, Mt. Sylvan, a picture from our past, page 6
- Elected County Officials, 1934-1980 by Andrew L. Leath, page 7-9
- Chilton Military Academy, facsimile of 1891-92 catalog, page 10-23
- “Sunday Go to Meetin’,” First Christian Church’s Primary Dept. 1907, page 24
- Starrville – The Second Time Around by Alma Moore Freeland with Mae Moore Campbell, page 23
- “The Longest Term,” as an elected official (Joseph R. Hawes) – back cover
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.