Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- Richard Bennett Hubbard, Noble Aristocrat by F. Lee Lawrence
- James Calhoun Hill by Mrs. C. E. Gayle
- “A Meeting House For Twin Springs” document of 1856
- Facsimile of The Southland, October 1902, complete 32 page magazine
- “School Sights,” pictorial of old school houses
- Smith County’s First Survey by Morris S. Burton
- Measuring Land The Spanish Way
Original Copies Are NOT available – Reproductions will be sent to fulfill any orders of this issue.