Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- Mr. Republican Silas D. Wood by James Smallwood, pages 1-7
- As I Remember It ‘The Big Four’ by Frazier Frederick, pages 8-12
- Educational Memoirs of Joseph Lindsey Henderson, pages 13-44
- notes on the life Mollie E. Moore Davis by Fred H. Moore, pages 45-53
- Tyler Bottles by Jewel & Arthur L. Umberger, page 54-57
- The I. Jacobs Flask, page BC
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.