Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Table of Contents
- “50th Anniversary of Mayer & Schmidt.” Facsimile of 1939 newspaper rotogravure section, pages 1-8
- The Confederate Letters of Bryan Marsh (Co. C, 17th Texas Cavalry), pages 9-30, 41-55
- Because All Wanted A Good Bank, A short history of the Citizens First National Bank of Tyler by Jim Albright, pages 31-40
- Divine Sarah’s Tyler Visit, April 2, 1906 (Sarah Bernhardt) by Richard King, pages 56-61
- Brady Gentry, Democrat by Mastin G. White and Jack White, page 62-71
- Photograph-“The John B. Douglas home, 318 South Fannin, Tyler”, page 72
- Facsimiles of Three Third Charter Notes on Citizens National Bank, page bc