Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents:
- Three Wilcox brothers who played on 1930 state championship team – front cover.
- 1930: Tyler High School’s Championship Game by Ed Leach, page 1-6.
- Pages from the 1931 Alcalde, page 7-12.
- Dr. Thomas Hunt Hall’s Life in Jamestown 1854-1879 by John W. Wilkins, page 13-32.
- A Picture From Our Past – “The 1930 Tyler Basketball Team”, page 33.
- Thos. J. Hays Funeral Notice, page 34.
- Nineteenth Century Smith County Methodists by Andrew L. Leath, page 35-37.
- The Friendly Class of Marvin United Methodist Church by Paxton Hart, drawing by Dick Johns, page 38-45.
- Mementos of the Championship Game, back cover.
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.