Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents:
- The Wagon Yard by Loy J. Gilbert, page 1-5.
- A Bridge of Broken Promise by June Parker, page 6-8.
- Picture From Our Past, East Texas Fair Parade, 1917, page 8.
- Notes on Tyler’s Climate by Dr. Robert K. Peters III, page 9-10.
- Tyler Symphony Orchestra 1936-1942 by Jane Judge Greer, page 11-19.
- East Texas Symphony Orchestra 1950- by Margaret George Loftis, page 20-26.
- September 30, 1938, The Day the Bleachers Fell by Frank Bronaugh, page 27-31.
- Of Mortar and Cornerstones: Mary Korkmas by Gayla H. Lawson, page 32-37.
- Sept. 30, Oct. 1-2  6th Annual Texas Rose Festival Souvenir Program Cover, back cover.
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.