Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents:
- The front view of Mother Frances Hospital 1937, front cover.
- Mother Frances Hospital: The Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth and Fifty Years of Service by Patricia A. Gajda, page 1-11.
- An Art for Remembering by William B. Stephens, page 12-14.
- Old Alcalde Pecan Tree, Tyler, Texas by Will A. Woldert, page 14-16.
- Facsimile, “Temple Beth-El, 1887-1987: Centennial Journal ”, page 17-35.
- Errata, page 36-37.
- Grandmother’s Garden by Mrs. John M. Stephens, page 38-41.
- The Hubbard Family, Plantation and Cemetery, Lindale, Texas by June T. Parker, page 42-44.
- The back view of Mother Frances Hospital 1937, front cover.
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.