Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- “The Horace Chilton Memoirs, Part 1” edited by Vicki Betts
- Photographs, The Chilton House
- Corinth Baptist Church by Lula Stansell
- Book Review, Fleet’s Byrd Pottery by Gary Hatcher
- Photographs, “The Center Community,” captions by John Culpepper
- Members, W. M. Taylor Masonic Lodge # 158, Garden Valley 1872-1882 by Andrew L. Leath
- Elected Precinct Officials, 1846-1876 by Andrew L. Leath
- Company F, Seventh Texas Infantry, C.S.A. by Andrew L. Leath
- Facsimile ad for Liebreich Pottery Company