Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- “The Horace Chilton Memoirs, Part II” edited by Vicki Betts
- The Grinnan Family by Andrew L. Leath
- The Story of True Vine Baptist Church by Clifford Murphy
- The Telephone Company in Smith County, 1886-1900
- Photograph, “Delivering the mail”
- Kendrick Cemetery by Allison Horsley
- Company G, Eleventh Texas Infantry by Andrew L. Leath
- Civil War Letters of John R. Christian
- Old Tyler Buildings, Map Miscellanea by Morris S. Burton
- The Third Decade, Chronicles Contents, 1982-1991
- George W. Chilton, photograph
- Hickory Grove Masonic Lodge # 184, 1854-1857, by Andrew L. Leath
- Hickory Grove School, photograph
- Grinnan diploma facsimile