Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- Oakwood Cemetery photos by James Wilkins, front cover
- Oakwood Cemetery, Tyler, Texas by Alice Gilbert, page 1-16
- Elected Precinct Officials 1876-1896 by Andrew L. Leath, page 17-19
- Photographs, “Lindale Views” by Andrew L. Leath, page 20-25
- Early Lindale Business by Vicki Betts, page 25, 31
- A Brief Account of Smith County Religious Denominations, page 26-27
- Company K, Tenth Texas Cavalry by Andrew L. Leath, page 28-31
- More Than a Map-maker: Eliab Horatio Wells by Morris S. Burton, page 32-35
- Newspaper Notes (newspapers) by Vicki Betts, page 36-44
- Butchers, page 45, back cover
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.