Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Al Dexter, A Story of Life by Fred Powell and Tyler Tool
- Ghost Town of Ferguson by Andrew L. Leath
- “Fourteenth Texas Infantry, Companies C, D, E, and G” by Andrew L. Leath
- Newspaper Notes (Civil War military) by Vicki Betts
- Book Review, Barr’s The Freedman’s Bureau and Black Texans by Andrew L. Leath
- Facsimile, Tyler Reporter, 1864