Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Bethesda Presbyterian Church and Bethesda Cemetery Association by Vivian Castleberry
- Lee Lawrence, 1926-1996 by James Wilkins
- East Texas Serenaders by Fred Powell
- Interview with the East Texas Serenaders by Alice Gilbert
- Newspaper Notes (judiciary & government) by Vicki Betts
- Douglas’s Texas Battery by Andrew L. Leath
- Douglas’ Battery Reenactment Group
- “Taylor Masonic Lodge No. 1233” by Pete Martinez
- “Smith County Tax Rolls, 1846” by Andrew L. Leath
- Photograph, “Gary School Float, 1914”