Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Duck Creek Missionary Baptist Church by Loretta Potts
- “Company I, Twenty-Second Texas Infantry” by Andrew L. Leath
- Postcard, “Immaculate Conception Church”
- Photographs, “On the Road Again”
- Texas Methodist Newspapers, 1851-1859 by Vicki Betts
- History of the Parsonages of the Original Methodist Church in Tyler by Alex Beall
- Book Review, Conaway’s Obituaries, Lindale News & Troup Banner by Andrew L. Leath