Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Antebellum Tyler, The Beginnings, 1846-1850 by Andrew L. Leath
- Book Review, Hale’s The Third Texas Cavalry in the Civil War by Andrew L. Leath
- Short Sketch of My Life by William S. Lawrence
- Postcard, St. Gregory School
- “Company H, Thirty-Fifth Texas Cavalry” by Andrew L. Leath
- Civil War Letters of David Cook
- Texas Methodist Newspapers, 1860-1861 by Vicki Betts
- Flag of the Seventeenth Texas Cavalry by James Wilkins