Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Bryant-Gary Letters by Beverly Bryant Kennerly, page 1-15
- “Minutes of the Commissioners Court, 1854” by Andrew L. Leath, page 16-18, 45-56
- 1900-2000, A Century of Growth for Smith County and its Lawyer Population, Part I by Alex Beall, page 19-34
- Indian Creek Baptist Church by Vicki Barron Kruschwitz & Bobby J. Wadsworth, page 35-44
- Pictures From Our Past, “Lyndon B. Johnson & Ronald Reagan in Tyler”, page 56, inside back cover