Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents:
- Letter from Flora, front cover.
- Flora by Andrew L. Leath, page 1-14.
- The Camp Ford Diary of Captain William Fortunatus McKinney, preface by Howard O. Pollan, introduction and footnotes by Randal B. Gilbert, page 15-25.
- Book Notes, Publications of the East Texas Genealogical Society, page 26.
- “News from Flora,” 1863/The Carter Letters edited by Andrew L. Leath, page 27-31.
- The Blackstone Hotel by Frank Bronaugh, page 32-41.
- Flora school photo early part of 1900s, back cover.
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.