Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- The Aroma of the Roses: The Cultural Icon of Tyler by Madison Ruiz, pages 1-9
- Richard Bennett Hubbard: Tyler Resident, Texas Governor, Economic Visionary by Steven Schwartz, pages 10-16
- Mount Vernon: A Smith County Ghost Town by Andrew J. Leath, pages 17-22
- Members of the Hickory Grove Masonic Lodge #184 Smith County, Texas, 1857-1880, pages 23-26
- A Legacy of Services: Top Ladies of Distinction, Incorporated Rose City Chapter, 1965-2014 compiled by The Historical Preservation Committee,TLOD, pages 27-42.
Check out our Chronicles Index – a compilation of four published books of indexes and seven unpublished volumes of indexes