Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents:
- Walter Connally’s House Plans drawn by Hubbell and Green of Dallas – front and back cover.
- Fifty-four Years in Public School Education in Smith County by R. S. Boulter, page 1-18.
- Working in Smith County – Part II, Oral histories by Lillie Mae Whitney, H. B. Sampson, Starley Joe Hand, Sr. and Jessie Simmons Spinks, page 19-26, 63-64.
- The Connally Castle by Linda Cross, page 27-38.
- Work and Wait: The Way of Woman by June P. Trop, page 39-44.
- Recollections of a Child’s Life on a Pioneer Plantation by Mrs. John H. (Amzina) Wade, page 45-62.
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.