Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
original copies and one reproduction copy of this volume have been donated, first come first serve!!!
Table of Contents
- 1909 Courthouse photo by Robert L. Falkner, front cover
- The Court Houses of Smith County, Morris S. Burton, page 1-15
- Plat of Tyler’s Square 1885, page 12-13
- Baptist Beginnings, the Cherokee Baptist Association, page 16-17
- When Smith County Printed Its Own Money by H. G. “Bill” Corbin, page 18-20
- Major John Dean by Dean W. Turner, page 21-24
- “The Lone Star Rebels,” a Civil War muster roll, page 25
- Facsimile, four old pieces of paper currency, page bc
Original Copies Are available sold as is – used/reproduction copy is available as well sold as is.
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.