Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- Rev. Sam P. Jones, front cover
- Marvin United Methodist Church 1846-1900 by Vicki Betts, page 1-15
- Book Review, Dippel’s Two Against Hitler by Dr. Patricia A. Gajda, page 16
- A Poster From Our Past, Dance Mayfair Club [WWII Era], page 17
- Elected Precinct Officials, 1896-1936 by Andrew L. Leath, page 18-21
- Early Smith County Businesses by Vicki Betts, page 21, 31, 40, 41
- “News from Sophronia” (1873 letter), page 22
- Pictures From Our Past: Tyler Restaurants, page 23
- Second Company D, Thirteenth Texas Infantry by Andrew L. Leath, page 24-31
- Minutes of the Commissioners Court, 1853 by Andrew L. Leath, page 32-40
- Facsimile, Capital Almanac cover, 1889, back cover
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.