Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- Clyde Boarding House in Tyler by James Wilkins
- Dozier Boarding House by James Boucher
- Medical and Surgical Clinic, Tyler by Jenny Cushman
- Company M, Thirteenth Texas Volunteers by Andrew L. Leath
- Clinton Letter and Frank’s Letter, 1850
- Photograph, Thompson School
- Interview, John R. Long, by Jack White
- Dun & Co. Rates, Starrville 1880-1897
- Dike’s Café, 1950
- Forgotten Heritage: Smith County’s Caddoan Past by James M. Smallwood