Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Jones-Bell Letters by Andrew L. Leath
- Interview, Mary Jane McNamara by Andrew L. Leath
- One Hundred Years of Library Service to Tyler, Texas by Sarah H. Harper
- Texas Methodist Newspapers, 1874-1877 by Vicki Betts
- Photographs, “County Courthouse Offices”
- “Third Company H, Thirteenth Texas Infantry” by Andrew L. Leath
- Photograph, “Pete’s Café”