Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- The Dewberry House byy A. C. Gentry, front cover
- The Dewberry Plantation, 1844-1878 by Andrew L. Leath, page 1-5
- Elected Precinct Officials 1954-1980 by Andrew L. Leath, page 6-7
- The Fitzgerald Diary, transcribed by Gretchen F. Leath, page 8-33
- Book Note, “The Fitzgerald House”, page 34
- 1850 Federal Census of Social Statistics, page 35
- “The Courtship of Mary Hellen” The Bryant-Gary Letters Part III by Beverly Bryant Kennerly, page 36-47
- Company K, 37th Texas Cavalry by Andrew L. Leath, page 48-50
- Book Note, Life Experiences of George Wagner, page 50
- The Artzt House by Sam Kidd, page 51
- Minutes of the Commissioners Court, 1856 by Andrew L. Leath, page 52-63, 66-72
- Restaurants From Our Past: Fry’s Cafe, Gerard’s Steak House by James Wilkins, page 64-65
- Russell Julius Starr, back cover