Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Contents
- Miss Mattie (Jones) by Lucille Mardock
- The Reverend Caleb H. Smith-Circuit Ridin’ Preacher of Smith County by Andrew L. Leath
- Tyler Junior College: The Early Years by R.M. Ballard, Jr.
- Photograph, Pine Springs School Class 1924
- The Patterson House (1311 W. Oakwood in Tyler) by Del Edwards
- The First Producing Oil Well in Smith County by Sonja Jarvis
- Blackstone Hotel Employees of the period 1932-1936 list by Pat McKenna
- A Boomer Comes to Smith County by Leo Carothers
- Tyler Street Names by Vicki Stroud
- Photograph, “Smith County Grand Jury 1898”