Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Window of 2-story Poor Farm Jail, Lindale by James Wilkins, front cover
- The Poor Farm by Andrew L. Leath and James Wilkins, page 1-10
- “Company C, Seventeenth Texas Cavalry” by Andrew L. Leath, page 11-14
- Freemasonry in Smith County, Texas by Pete Martinez, 15-17
- Newspaper Notes by Vicki Betts, page 18-24
- The Smith County Poor Farms Map 1886-1946, back cover
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.