Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Douglas-Holland-Pollard House drawing by Dick Johns, front cover
- Douglas-Holland-Pollard House by Diane E. Williams, page 1-9
- Beverly Walker Family by Andrew L. Leath, page 9
- Book Reviews, MarDock’s The First of Many; Hardt’s Forward in Faith; Elliot’s Glenn Elliot: A Ranger’s Ranger by Andrew L. Leath, page 10-11, 29p
- “Elected Precinct Officials, 1936-1954” by Andrew L. Leath, page 12-13
- Music From Our Past: McClain-Pickering Bell Quartet by James Wilkins, page 14-15
- “Company H, Thirty-Seventh Texas Cavalry” by Andrew L. Leath, page 16-18
- A Drive-in From Our Past: Uncle Louis’ Drive-In by James Wilkins, page 18
- “Texas Methodist Newspapers 1878-1879” by Vicki Betts, page 19-29
- Elvis: The King Comes to Tyler: 1955 by James Wilkins, back cover
To view an index of people, places, subjects, etc. to all issues of the Chronicles of Smith County, Texas that has been published, please click here.