Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- 502 S. Mary Street, Tyler, History of the House and Its Owners by Sam C. Kidd, Jr.
- Book Review, Le Bleu’s Marriage Records of Smith County, Texas, 1900-1926 by Andrew L. Leath
- 1900-2000, A Century of Growth for Smith County and its Lawyer Population, Part II by Beverly Bryant Kennerly
- An Old Letter by Sid S. Johnson
- Photograph, “Mecca Café”
- “Minutes of the Commissioners Court, 1855” by Andrew L. Leath