Chronicles of Smith County, Texas has been published by the Smith County Historical Society since 1962. The articles are always informative about the county’s history and often include photographs, maps and tables.
All issues have been published in an 8.5 inch X 11 inch, soft cover format. With the large number of topics already covered since its beginning, past issues of Chronicles are important resources for any person researching our history!
Indexes, each covering a 10-year span of Chronicles, are also available and provide the invaluable keys to this saved history.
Table of Content
- Smith County Socialists, 1900-1918 by Vicki Betts, page 1-18
- Elijah DeBard and the Neches Saline by Ben F. Bridges, M.D., page 19-22
- Captain Edward Thomas Broughton, Jr., Letters, 7th Texas Infantry, C.S.A. by Danny Sessums, page 23-36
- Early Murals in Tyler; Milestones in the Cultural History of Smith County by James N. Day, page 37-49
- 1858 Minutes of the Commissioners Court by Andrew L. Leath, page 50-73